Award-winning 8-piece band, The Suffers, kicked off the 2017 Levitt National Tour at Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles last Saturday with an outstanding turnout coming from all walks of life. The Suffers performed an upbeat, groovy set enabling Levitteers to get on their feet and dance the night away to the sounds of Gulf Coast Soul. The fun continues tomorrow night when the next leg of the tour stops in Memphis at Levitt Shell, followed by Arlington, Texas this Saturday night at Levitt Pavilion Arlington. Here’s 5 fun facts about The Suffers:
- As stated in our previously related blog, The Suffers made their national television debut on the Late Show with David Letterman last March, wowing late night host and in-studio audience with their contagious energy, enthralling vocals and undeniable talent, skyrocketing their musical career. Other television appearances include Jimmy Kimmel Live! and The Daily Show with Trevor Noah.
- It took 10-15 years for The Suffers to completely merge together, originally planning on being a cover band, later forming a unified, acclaimed band ranging in ages and musical styles.
- The Suffers were named in Buzzfeed’s “25 New Artists You Need in Your Life in 2015” after their EP release entitled Make Some Room.
- The band’s name is derived from a ‘70s movie, Rockers, about a Jamaican musician trying to make it in the music industry. The Suffers’ bassist, Adam Castaneda, states that, “He’s trying to sell some records to somebody and getting some flack, so he says, ‘I and I are sufferers,’ which basically means we are all in this together because we are all struggling. We thought that was really cool and as musicians, we are all kind of struggling with this too.”
- At the start of every show, “The Suffers all raise their arms in the air and scream as loudly as they can to psych themselves up.” Check out their pre-show “superman” routine below.
The Suffers are making heads turn around the nation with every boisterous, colorful performance. Hope to see you at an upcoming show! Click here for remaining Levitt National Tour dates.