Calling all small to mid-sized towns and cities across America: show us how you’ll transform an underused public space through the power of free, live music! Now in its fourth year, the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards is an exciting matching grant opportunity that supports impactful creative placemaking projects around the country.
Up to 15 nonprofits serving small to mid-sized towns and cities will receive $25K each in matching funds to produce their own Levitt AMP [Your City] Music Series—an outdoor, free concert series featuring a diverse lineup of high caliber entertainment. And just like in previous years, the public will decide the Top 25 finalists through an online voting process taking place this November. So get ready to rally your family, friends, colleagues and neighbors to vote and bring free, live music to your community!
The Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards is an annual creative placemaking grants competition to activate dormant public spaces through free concerts. The acronym “AMP” speaks to the goals of the program:
- Amplify community pride and the city’s unique character
- Enrich lives through the power of free, live Music
- Illustrate the importance of vibrant public Places
While Levitt’s celebrated program of permanent outdoor music venues, each presenting 50+ free concerts annually, is tailored to large metro areas with populations of over 400,000 (due to financial sustainability and audience development considerations), the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards are specifically designed to meet the needs and capacity of small to mid-sized towns and cities, with each Levitt AMP winner presenting 10 free concerts.
The 2017 winners include eight returning Levitt AMP grantees*, and seven new grantees:
- Berea Arts Council, Berea, KY
- Brewery Arts Center, Carson City, NV*
- Urban League of Greater Chattanooga, Chattanooga, TN
- Denison Main Street Inc., Denison, TX*
- Arts Greensboro, Greensboro, NC*
- University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS
- Jacksonville Main Street, Jacksonville, IL*
- Discover Downtown Middlesboro Inc., Middlesboro, KY*
- Marion Cultural Alliance, Ocala, FL
- AMP Concerts, Santa Fe, NM
- John Michael Kohler Arts Center, Sheboygan, WI*
- Catamount Arts, St. Johnsbury, VT
- Create Portage County, Stevens Point, WI
- Trenton Downtown Association, Trenton, NJ*
- Utica Monday Nite, Utica, NY*
Read the full press release for additional information about the program, application process and more!